Subscribe Us

header ads

Google is cancelling its I/O developer event this year.

Google is cancelling its I/O developer event this year, amid the continued coronavirus outbreak. Google I/O was due to take place between May 12th to 14th this year and therefore the cancellation comes just days after Google scrapped its Cloud Next event in San Francisco in favor of a “digital-first” event.

the verge


Statement of google spokesperson toy the verge
“Due to concerns around the coronavirus (COVID-19), and in accordance with health guidance from the CDC, WHO, and other health authorities, we've decided to cancel the physical Google I/O event at Shoreline Amphitheatre,”.

Google typically uses I/O as its biggest happening of the year to introduce new changes to Android, Google-powered hardware, and even updates to services like Google Maps. Google says it’s now exploring “other ways to evolve Google I/O to best connect with and still build our developer community.”

Google says attendees are going to be refunded fully by March 13th, and people who purchased tickets for this year’s event are going to be automatically granted the choice of shopping for a Google I/O 2021 ticket.

Google’s cancellation of I/O is that the latest during a line of tech events to be scrapped thanks to coronavirus concerns. Mobile World Congress was cancelled last month, followed by Facebook’s F8 developer conference, the sport Developer Conference, and much more.

Post a Comment

0 Comments